My name is Olguine (O-GINe) Brutus and I’m a self taught knitter and crocheter. I am a follower of Christ. I grew up in the church but It was only in the recent years that I began to learn what that really means. I’m always learning more about the creative creator who created me to be creative.
When I first taught myself how to knit, in 2012, it was just a fun hobby, something new to pass the time. When it turned into something old I walked away from it. The period after wasn’t a pretty one. It was after high school and I felt like my life was going nowhere and I felt like a failure. I was always seeking purpose which lead me to seeking the Lord. One day, I remembered a verse that my Sunday school teacher told me, “For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11) A future! When life seemed so bleak, so mundane, I remembered that God promised me a future. And He has shown me more than enough times that He keeps His promises. So I prayed for that promise to unfold for me now when I needed it the most and He lead me back to knitting in late 2015.
Since then I haven’t stop knitting and even taught myself how to crochet. I love when people wear what I make. Even something as simple as a compliment means the world to me because now I have hope. Now I have a future. In mid 2016 OMK was born and I haven’t looked back once. I love what I do. My pieces are not just for my lovely customers but they’re also for me. Thank you for being a part of my journey!
- The only toys I know how to knit are bunnies.
- Instagram has been amazing for me I’ve met so many wonderful makers and learn so much, not to mentions picture taking tips.
- I attended to the OML 2017 and 2018 meet up and meet many wonderful maker as well as attended my first Knit Night!
- I never stuck to anything for long. I had a bunch of different hobbies but knitting is the only one I always came back too.
- I’m learning how to make God the center of my life.
- I love dad jokes and puns. #punny
- I recently started writing again.
- I’m getting better at taking selfies.
- I love reading manga and watching anime.
- I’ve always wanted a pet turtle because low maintenance.
- I love breakfast food any day at any time.
- I was an avid book reader and I’m trying to get back to it, please help me.
- I like drama crime shows and sitcoms. Tell me about any good ones you know 🙂
- I use to be really picky with my food. But traveling to different places has allowed me to expand my taste buds. I love Thai food, Greek food, and pasta!
- I dislike shopping for clothes unless there’s an event/occasion, in which case, I buy all things (I’m now trying to learn to make all the things.)
- My career plan is travel the world. Or at least live in a few different places.
- In 2016, I decide to dread lock my hair because I prefer a low maintenance hair style.
- I have a small wardrobe and I’m all for the capsule wardrobe and wear it again challenge; inspired by Gillian and Jade
- I love being alone; I’m usually knitting or crocheting and listening to music or watching anime.
- Although I have been binge watching The Office and Parks and Rec now that Frasier is no long available on Netflix.
- I prefer oldies, folk, indie, alternative, and of course all genres of Christian, but not country music. #sorrynotsorry
Thanks for reading! Below you will find the main topics I talk about here on OMK.
I hope that while you are here, you learned something new, feel inspired, and enjoy being part of my journey. Please support OMK below and have a amazing day. Until next time!
– Olguine Brutus
Thank you so much for checking out Ohmyknit. To keep this content free and supported please consider making a one time or recurring donation of $5 or more. Thank you so much for your support!
Come say hi and follow along 🙂