My name is Olguine (O-GINe) Brutus and I’m a self taught knitter and crocheter. I am a follower of Christ. I grew up in the church but It was only in the recent years that I began to learn what that really means. I’m always learning more about the creative creator who created me to be creative.
When I first taught myself how to knit, in 2012, it was just a fun hobby, something new to pass the time. When it turned into something old I walked away from it. The period after wasn’t a pretty one. It was after high school and I felt like my life was going nowhere and I felt like a failure. I was always seeking purpose which lead me to seeking the Lord. One day, I remembered a verse that my Sunday school teacher told me, “For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11) A future! When life seemed so bleak, so mundane, I remembered that God promised me a future. And He has shown me more than enough times that He keeps His promises. So I prayed for that promise to unfold for me now when I needed it the most and He lead me back to knitting in late 2015.
Since then I haven’t stop knitting and even taught myself how to crochet. I love when people wear what I make. Even something as simple as a compliment means the world to me because now I have hope. Now I have a future. In mid 2016 OMK was born and I haven’t looked back once. I love what I do. My pieces are not just for my lovely customers but they’re also for me. Thank you for being a part of my journey!
- The only toys I know how to knit are bunnies.
- Instagram has been amazing for me I’ve met so many wonderful makers and learn so much, not to mentions picture taking tips.
- I attended to the OML 2017 and 2018 meet up and meet many wonderful maker as well as attended my first Knit Night!
- I never stuck to anything for long. I had a bunch of different hobbies but knitting is the only one I always came back too.
- I’m learning how to make God the center of my life.
- I love dad jokes and puns. #punny
- I recently started writing again.
- I’m getting better at taking selfies.
- I love reading manga and watching anime.
- I’ve always wanted a pet turtle because low maintenance.
- I love breakfast food any day any time.
- I was an avid book reader and I’m trying to get back to it, please help me.
- I like drama crime shows and sitcoms. Tell me about any good ones you know 🙂
- I use to be really picky with my food. But traveling to different places has allowed me to expand my taste buds. I love Thai and Greek food. (I also love pasta!)
- I dislike shopping for clothes unless there’s an event/occasion, in which case, I buy all things (I’m now trying to learn to make all the things.)
- My career plan is travel the world. Or at least live in a few different places.
- In 2016, I decide to dread lock my hair because I prefer a low maintenance hair style.
- I have a small wardrobe and I’m all for the capsule wardrobe and wear it again challenge; inspired by Gillian and Jade
- I love being alone; I’m usually knitting or crocheting and listening to music or watching anime.
- Although I have been binge watching the office and Parks and Rec now that Frasier is no long available on Netflix.
- I prefer oldies, folk, indie, alternative, and of course all genres of Christian, but not country music. #sorrynotsorry
- Click below to find out what I’m listening to at the moment.
Thanks for reading! Below you will find the main topics I talk about here on OMK.
We were created for a purpose.
We were also made to create.
When the two comes together we can explore all things.
Want to read my latest poem, catch up with my explorations, or stay update on my new free patterns? Sign up below and don’t miss a thing!
Come say hi and follow along 🙂