Hey Friends, I traveled to Florida for two weeks and made a capsule wardrobe of 13 pieces for 14 days. So you can call it a 13×14 but I did wear the same outfit during travel days so you can call it a 13×13?
Before going a my two week trip I made an itinerary and list of outfits to match it. After planning it all out here is what came to life.
I picked 13 pieces in total 2 outwear, 3 tops, 3 bottoms, 2 one pieces, and 2 shoes. This is not including sleep wear.
|Blue Tank Top||B&W Pants||B&W Converse|
|Romper||Yellow Tank Top||Demin Shorts||Barefoot Sandals|
|B&W Striped |
I did it for two weeks, 14 days in total.
Here is what the rest of my packing list looked like
- Sleeping Tee
- Blue Tank Top
- Yellow Tank Top
- Black and White Striped Tank Top
- Blue Pull on Pants
- Denim Shorts
- Black and White Pants
- One pieces
- Green Dress
- Outer Wear
- Chakam Cardi
- Base Layer
- Sweat Pants
- Bathing Suit
- No Show Socks
- Toiletry Bag
- 7 Undies
- 2 Bras
- Reusable Pads
- Travel Towel
- Laundry Bag
Craft bag (wip):
- Ribbed Beanie
- Crafting Essentials
- Travel Wallet
- $20 in Cash
- Protein bars
- Lip Balm
- Hand Sanitizer
- Reusable Straw
- Wireless Earbuds
- Small Lock
- House Keys
- Three Handkerchiefs
- Sport Watch
- Water Bottle
Here are the different ways I mixed and matched my outfits.
Here’s what I liked about my packing list and what I didn’t like as well as how I could have made it better.
What I liked about my packing list:
- C port adapter – I used the C port adapter on the wall plug for my laptop and was able to charge my Phone
- One wall plug to charge everything – I have a block wall charger that has 4 usb slots but I opted to bring a wall charger with only one usb port, and it worked perfectly
- Extra set of clothes – I almost didn’t bring this because I didn’t want to overpack but it turns out that I needed the extra top and bottom so I was grateful to have it
- Just a backpack – Some of the flights were full and they started checking roller bags but I got to get on with my backpack because it was a backpack.
Should have brought:
- Long sleeved pjs, a Light weight sweater, and Long warm socks – winter in Florida
- Collapsible bag instead of the tote – I went to the beach and it would have been nice to have a day pack or something with a zipper
- Less underwear – since I was staying in one place I can wash one and dry it every day
- A white tee shirt – I just wanted to wear something that wasn’t clinging to my torso
- My diy Hair spray – my hair was so dry
What I should not have brought:
- Crackers – They were a great to travel with because they got crushed during transit
- More than 2 hair ties – I had way too many and it made me careless as to where I left them.
- My day pack instead of my travel backpack – For just a two week trip a regular backpack would do and when I got back I packed everything into the day pack and it fit. I guess my travel backpack is more of a two week + travel bag.
This Travel Capsule went really well. It was rather cold for Florida but all in all I packed light and had everything I needed. Perhaps next time I’ll be better at checking the weather.
Thanks for reading. Tell a friend if you learned something new, felt inspired, or just enjoyed reading my story. Find out about more Lifestyle posts by subscribing and joining the journey below. Don’t forget to support OMK by making a donation. Until next time!
– Olguine Brutus
Come say hi and follow along 🙂