Hi friends. Did you ever want a template of what to pack for any trip? I do! I LOVE templates. They just make life so much easier. Here is the packing template I use whenever I am going on a trip. Whether it’s Road Tripping, Hiking, or international trip, this list is my go-to. I remove any items I don’t need and I’m left with a list of things from essentials to just in case depending on the weather.
I am joyful. I have abundance. I have peace.
^I also fill in the above section. It helps me know how to plan for my outfits below and know what to expect weather-wise.
I love planning out outfits / making a capsule wardrobe for when I travel.
It helps me not to overpack.
- White Tee Shirt + Blue Jeans + Converse
- Top + Bottom + Shoes
After deciding on what outfits you want to bring the next thing is to pick what you want to pack them in. As well as a smaller bag to bring with you.
- Small Shoulder Bag or a Bum Pack – For exploring your destination.
- Back Pack – This is a very sturdy bag. I did a weekend camping trip with it and I had plenty of room left after packing all that I needed.
- Travel Backpack – It has a huge capacity! Since it’s big I have to be very mindful of what I pack so I don’t overfill it.
- Compression Cubes – Life saver and space saver.
- Weekender – I packed for a 10 day trip with this bag #tinybutmighty (I will however say that it is heavy to lug around if you have a lot of transit to do.)
- Collapsible Bag – Always great to bring and you can use it as a day pack.
Things to pack in personal item
- Wallet Holder
- $20 in Cash
- Snacks; apples, nuts, chocolate, sandwich, protein bars, etc
- Lip Balm
- Hand Sanitizer
- Reusable Straw
- Three Handkerchief
- Water Resistant Watch / Sport Watch
- Water Bottle / Stainless Steel Bottle / Travel Water Bottle
- Small Lock
- First-Aid Kit
- Sim Card
Things to pack into Carry On
- Pj’s / Sleeping Tee
- I write all the tops I’m bringing here
- I write all the bottoms I’m bringing here
- One pieces
- I write all the dresses and rompers I’m bringing here
- Out Wear
- Sweater/Jacket/Hoodie – I’ll bring one of these depending on my outfits
- Base Layer
- Sweat Pants
- Bathing Suit – I always bring this just in case or if I run out of underwear
- No Show Socks / Fuzzy Socks / Calf socks – I’ll bring one pair of these depending on my outfits and trip duration
- Glasses + Case
- Eyeglass Strap
- Neck Pillow
- Hair Tie
- Pen + Journal
- A Visor
- Carabiner Clips
- Collapsible Tote
- Down Jacket
- Foldable Raincoat
- Head Lamp
- Toiletry Bag
- Coconut Oil
- Bar Soap packed in a sandwich bag or wrapped in a Handkerchief
- Reusable Pads
- Body Exfoliating Cloth
- Sleep Cap
- Travel Towel
- Laundry Bag
- Wash Cloth
- Bug Spray
- Body Wipes
- Phone Cord
- Wall Charger
- Power Bank
- Kindle + Cord
- Wireless Earbuds
- Headphones + Case
- Laptop + Charger + Case
- C Port Adapter
I always have this section on my list since I travel with yarn
- Whatever project I’m working on or want to bring…
- Crafting Essentials
Want more information?
I’ve also included some guides and other items to give you more ideas.
Daily Travel Bag Essentials
Minimalist Packing List – Winter
What to pack in a carry on for a multi-week, multi-climate, multi-activity trip
How I Plan My Solo Trips | Choosing Destinations, Creating Itineraries, Travel Hacks
Disclaimer: These are the things I find work for me when I am going on a trip. Feel free to use this list as a template for your own travels, add or subtract as you please 🙂
If you don’t see one of your travel must-haves on this list, please tell me about it in the comments below.
Banner picture by Emanuela Picone
Last Updated: 01/10/2021
Thanks for reading! Tell a friend if you learned something new, felt inspired, or just enjoyed reading my story. Exploration posts come out every other Friday. In the meantime, check out my upcoming destinations, join the journey by subscribing to our newsletter, and support OMK making a donation below. Until next time!
– Olguine Brutus
Come say hi and follow along 🙂