Hi friends. Did you ever want a template of what to pack for any trip? I do! I LOVE templates. They just make life so much easier. Here is the packing template I use whenever I am going on a trip. Whether it’s Road Tripping, Hiking, or international trip, this list is my go-to. I remove any items I don’t need and I’m left with a list of things from essentials to just in case depending on the weather.
I am joyful. I have abundance. I have peace.
^I also fill in the above section. It helps me know how to plan for my outfits below and know what to expect weather-wise.
Outfits: I love planning out outfits for the destination I will in. It helps me not to overpack.
After deciding on what outfits you want to bring the next thing is to pick what you want to pack them in. As well as a smaller bag to bring with you.
- Small Shoulder Bag or a Fanny Pack – Walking around the city.
- Back Pack – This is a very sturdy bag. I did a weekend camping trip with it and I had plenty of room left after packing all that I needed.
- Travel Backpack – It has a huge capacity! Since it’s big I am very mindful of what I pack so I don’t overfill it.
- Compression Cubes – Life saver and space saver.
- Weekender – I packed for a 10 day trip with this bag #tinybutmighty (I will however say that it was heavy to lug around if you have a lot of transit to do.)
- Collapsible Bag – Always great to bring and you can use it as a day pack.
Things to pack in personal item
- Slim Wallet
- Wallet Holder
- Snack; apples, sandwich, etc
- Neck Pillow
- Lip Balm
- On Guard / DIY
- Reusable Straw
- Water Resistant Watch / Sport Watch
- Water Bottle / Stainless Steel Water Bottle / Travel Water Bottle
- First-Aid Kit
- Sim Card
Things to pack in carry on
- Pj’s / Sleeping Tee
- I write the tops I’m bringing here
- I write the bottoms I’m bringing here
- One pieces
- I write the dress and rompers I’m bringing here
- Sweater/Jacket/Hoodie – I’ll bring one of these depending on my outfits
- Sweat Pants
- Bathing Suit – I always bring this
- No Show Socks / Fuzzy Socks / Calf socks – I’ll bring one pair of these depending on my outfits and trip duration
- Glasses + Case + Eyeglass Strap
- Hair Tie
- Pen + Journal
- A Visor
- Carabiner Clips
- Collapsible Tote
- Foldable Raincoat
- Head Lamp
- Portable Utensils
- Collapsible Bowl
- Toiletry Bag
- Tooth Brush + Paste
- Travel Towel
- Bug Spray
- Laundry Bag
- Body Wipes
- Wash Cloth
- Phone Cord + 2 Wall Charges + Power Bank + Cord
- Kindle + Cord
- Wireless Ear Buds
- Headphones + Case
- Laptop + Charger + Case
Want more information?
I’ve also included some guides and other items to give you more ideas.
Backpacking In Europe During Winter
Minimalist Packing List – Winter
What to pack in a carry on for a multi-week, multi-climate, multi-activity trip
Europe Packing List for Woman
Daily Travel Bag Essentials
Disclaimer: These are the things I find work for me when I am going on a trip. Feel free to use this list as a template for your own travels, add or subtract as you please 🙂
If you don’t see one of your travel must-haves on this list, please tell me about it in the comments below.
Last Updated: 11/23/2020
Thanks for reading! Tell a friend if you learned something new, felt inspired, or just enjoyed reading my story. Exploration posts come out every other Friday. In the meantime, check out my upcoming destinations, join the journey by subscribing to our newsletter, and support OMK by purchasing an item through the affiliate amazon links or making a donation below. Until next time!
– Olguine Brutus
Thank you so much for checking out Ohmyknit. To keep this content free and supported please consider making a one time or recurring donation of $5 or more. Thank you so much for your support!
Come say hi and follow along 🙂